Ram Balani (CEO and Founder, FDASmart Inc.)
Date: Wednesday, April 25
Time: 11:45am - 12:30pm
Conference Pass, VIP Attendee -
Get your pass now!
Vault Recording: TBD
How Not to Remain Sleepless with India Pharma Services Outsourcing?
This session will review best business practices and legal challenges with Indian CRAMS/CMOs Outsourcing and provide the following key takeaways:
- Overview of Indian pharmaceutical CRAMS services and key vendors
- East vs West – Two can Tango but “watch your feet” - Business practices and cultural differences, time zones issues and more
- Latest Indian Legal Landscape Overview
- Companies Act 2013 – How Indian companies must perform with commercial engagements including corporate regulatory compliance
- Best practices for resolving US-India legal disputes
- International arbitration
- Long arm statutes
- US jurisdiction on Indian companies-alter ego vs agency doctrines simply explained in English including an example of litigation with an Indian CRAMS in New Jersey
- Case study featuring New Jersey litigation public court records
- Overview of SEBi (India’s SEC) and PoEM for tax residency by CBDT (India’s IRS) roles and regulatory compliance
- Contract Act 1872 – Explore both similarities and differences between US and India with US/India Contract laws highlights
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) - Know who you are dealing with in India when it comes to signing commercial contracts, agency agreements etc.
- How to handle disputes with India-forum jurisdictions, applicable laws governing contract matters, other must-have explicit contract clauses for US-Western clients
- Review of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and the tribunal’s powers for grievances